• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Recent content by FatboyUK

  1. F

    Garage insulation question

    I've been asked to convert the rear half of a garage into an office come man cave for a friend of mine; due to the arrival of their first child in March he's being relegated to the garage!; its not attached to the house in any way but it is one of a pair of semi detached garages, the other owned...
  2. F

    Potential workshop or not worth it?

    Plane drawer finished. The green felt was left over from a knock down 8x4 scaletrix table a client wanted so he could take his scaletrix away to meetings but still get it into his car!! Torsion box design that breaks down into 3 sections and all fits in the rear of a car.
  3. F

    Potential workshop or not worth it?

    I haven't updated this for a while, business must be good! I needed some more storage/worktop so decided on some cabinets along one side of the inner unit using some 18mm Birch ply left over from a recent job. These won't be moved again so I built a solid base for them to sit on rather than...
  4. F

    Potential workshop or not worth it?

    Doors finished and fitted, I'll add a coat of something or other later tomorrow Bench and rolling cabinets in tomorrow and general clear out in the main part of the hut, MOD EDIT : Flipped your photo's for you - Trim
  5. F

    Potential workshop or not worth it?

    Well its been a while since I updated this thread following losing my job, moving house (nightmare, never again!)and fighting with the power companies to get a permanent (legal) electric supply, this sort of slid down the list of priorities. Anyway, work is now sorted, move is settled and we...
  6. F

    Anyone recognise this make?

    I have 3 to replace, no brand, no name and client wants them to match!!!
  7. F

    Mobile Bases - An Engineers View?

    I knocked this up a couple of years ago for my BS250; stable as you like. Its 18mm MRMDF underneath, just popped it together with biscuits. On the reverse side I made space to hang spare blades. I made a similar one for a small mortice chisel as well Sorry, don't know how to get the...
  8. F

    Potential workshop or not worth it?

    Well this is embarrassing, my 5-8mm drop in the floor level turned out to be significantly more than that once I got the level set up, I may have dropped a bit of a testicle here!. As I started bringing the level up it soon revealed a huge dip in the left hand corner that I had somehow missed...
  9. F

    Potential workshop or not worth it?

    Day1 - a good start even though I was on my own. The floor looks wet in places but its oil, a damp check just revealed dust! The basic frame is up and square, a bit to finish the frame and some levelling tomorrow - there is a slight dip in the floor level to the right hand front corner of...
  10. F

    Potential workshop or not worth it?

    The timber fairy finally arrived on Friday afternoon!
  11. F

    Potential workshop or not worth it?

    I've just been offered this, or at least 2/3rds of it as a potential workshop, the other third will be used by the owner to store a couple of classic cars. Its an original Nissen Hut, in stable if not good condition, dry and cheap! :D There are a few little holes around the bases that need...
  12. F

    Shed base advice

    We are about to move into (hopefully) our last house. The garden isn't huge but big enough for a modest 3.5 x 4m workshop. In an ideal world I would like to put in a full concrete base as recommended by Mike G in his advisory post but access for ready mix or mix my own concrete makes that a bit...
  13. F

    Hello

    Site carpenter in a previous life but got bitten by the bug again a few years ago but still struggling to find the the time to get out into the workshop (garage) with the day job. Looking forward to being inspired to pick up the tools more Ray
Back
Top