• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Recent content by paulrees1

  1. P

    An office

    thanks for the comments Mike, i think i've got a solution thats getting closer (see what you think): For the insulation on the bricks, marmox multiboard screwed to the frame perhaps with some adhesive to the dpm (which in turn adhered to the bricks), or L brackets at the bottom to push the...
  2. P

    An office

    i've corrected another mistake of mine, and changed "screed" to slab :rolleyes: My idea originally was a floating floor (so i've added that to the pic), including I'm trying to minimise the step into the room (it's a right space already), could this work ? Basically losing the 50mm block inside...
  3. P

    An office

    thanks Mike, brilliant to see you're still on the forum and as helpful as ever. I've corrected my drawing of the dpm (the drawing was wrong), there was also a dpc on top of it under the timber frame but i've ommitted that: Is this drawing what you mean by a cavity / insulation behind the...
  4. P

    An office

    This is long, so bear with me !.... So we moved into this 1970’s bungalow in February, a three bed timber frame home with brick cladding, which hasn’t been touched from a decorative perspective I guess since the 1980’s. We have 3 kids, and I work from home, so there are two major changes we...
  5. P

    Mike G's How to Build a Shed

    So I was around these parts about 10 years ago and still remember this thread. I’ve actually got to the point where I’m going to build a garden office based on this design (ish) and have a question on the insulation , does anyone know if Mike is still about ?
  6. P

    Mdf cladding ideas ?

    Hi all, Following a lot of advice on here I embarked on a build of my mother’s alcove cupboard. For various reasons I went for a frame approach which has worked out quite well. I’ve now got to the stage where I need to clad the frame. Reason for the post is my intention all along has been to...
  7. P

    Dpm /Dpc

    Hi all, Life and cash are getting in the way of a workshop build at present, but in the meantime I want to get the design work done. There's a couple of questions on Dpm and doc which I can't get my head around, so I thought a picture might help. So starting off with an easy one, have I got...
  8. P

    Garage conversion

    Hi all, I'm slowly equipping myself with the tools to restart my love of woodwork. We've got a detached garage which is aiming to become the workshop. First problem I need to overcome is a terrible mould issue, any wood left in there for a few months gets covered in a green mould. I can't...
Back
Top