• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Recent content by shafiq

  1. shafiq

    Upgrading my wearing out shed - in stages on a budget

    Reminds me of that phrase. 'With great power comes great responsibility'. My wife and I try to feed the neglected (or spoilt!) neighbourhood cats. But only recently we have realised that they don't know the meaning of 'don't sh*t in the garden that feeds you'. So a Nerf super soaker has been...
  2. shafiq

    Upgrading my wearing out shed - in stages on a budget

    For defo Duke. I think because we have ended up handling one of the babies (definitely a family or 2) when it was sick/ditched it could be they are a bit used to us. Plan is to open a bit of the fence on the other side (hopefully it doesn't fall over before I get to adding some stakes and maybe...
  3. shafiq

    Upgrading my wearing out shed - in stages on a budget

    Right, so a bit more winter prep-contingency. Still not allowed to lift weight or any other heavy duty activities as per post-op instructions. I did what I could and only lifted a broken slab (to keep other things, like a platform, safe). Completed that side of the fence so its now not wobbly...
  4. shafiq

    What I have fixed today

    I forget this thread actually exists, so apologies for cluttering the 'what have you made thread' so often. I've been trying to get the fence to some sort of state of 'repair' before the winter comes. Its been a few years and I've had it leaning with some supports to try and keep it from...
  5. shafiq

    What I have fixed today

    Looks good that Lurker. Saved the environment as well as the pocket. Top marks.
  6. shafiq

    Upgrading my wearing out shed - in stages on a budget

    Now I've only gone and misplaced my shed and fence (read, cheap rubbish) paint brush which I would have smothered more paint into the stake ends of the 2 posts I've just cut down!!
  7. shafiq

    Upgrading my wearing out shed - in stages on a budget

    Quick update folks as, with my garden and life, I always feel like I'm in one of those old western movies preparing for the winter months... As if the garden wasn't an obstacle course enough, my little boy decides to build a little pond but without staggering the bricks. So an extra problem...
  8. shafiq

    Nervous about Surgeon

    It most definitely is. Train carriages, massive project, in your 70s, big team, old wood etc etc... Sounds like those of those 'thread of the year' type of topics. Thankyou. Yes pls (obviously, if you actually have time for such a potentially busy thread and the work itself). Time consuming...
  9. shafiq

    Nervous about Surgeon

    Random long post, therefore removed
  10. shafiq

    New toy

    What is it pls Fuse.
  11. shafiq

    What I have fixed today

    Fuse, thanks, do you mean to just fill the whole of the void with bubble wrap or insulation. Or just wrap the hot water pipe.
  12. shafiq

    Where were you …

    Checking out for work at B&Q (or checking in) at about 19 years old.
  13. shafiq

    What I have fixed today

    Very nice thinking (about the insulation) Duke. I was gonna brace it but hadn't thought about insulation. Good shout as always Duke and thankfully it doesn't weight over 10kg. So can be done during my hernia recovery 😁
  14. shafiq

    What I have fixed today

    Aha, yes. They are part of the bath and fitted exactly where they were advised to. Maybe cos its a shorter bath (1500mm) they seem a bit off? I thought most baths in the UK came with metal supports (which leaves me with the question, now that you've mentioned it, that maybe it doesn't need...
  15. shafiq

    What I have fixed today

    Oh, you mean the wooden lengths under the metal supports. No, thats what was sat sideways on/under the previous bathtub. I only put them in this way as space beneath the copper pipes was limited and also they now sit perpendicular to the floorboards. I'm hoping it will all work out as I have...
Back
Top