This is one for those who know their ornithology.
In spring I noticed what I am fairly sure was a peregrine falcon fly down to one of the student accommodation blocks at work, inspect the wall closely and then hoof it, not to be seen again.
As far as I am aware, the natural nesting site of the PF is a rocky ledge on the side of a cliff but in cities they take on man made structures which meet their requirements. So my question is, would a stone ledge projecting at right angles from the side of a building, function as a nesting "box" for PFs? The building that the bird looked at wasn't particularly tall and it had a look at about second floor height. Does anybody know about this?
In spring I noticed what I am fairly sure was a peregrine falcon fly down to one of the student accommodation blocks at work, inspect the wall closely and then hoof it, not to be seen again.
As far as I am aware, the natural nesting site of the PF is a rocky ledge on the side of a cliff but in cities they take on man made structures which meet their requirements. So my question is, would a stone ledge projecting at right angles from the side of a building, function as a nesting "box" for PFs? The building that the bird looked at wasn't particularly tall and it had a look at about second floor height. Does anybody know about this?