• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Abrasive paper help.

Hudson Carpentry

New Shoots
Joined
Jul 21, 2014
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Location
Nottingham
Hello,

Seems I'm going back on the tools so I'm trying to replenish all the sundries I'm used too.

While using a palm sander I used to buy rhynogrip hook and loop on the roll. Brilliant abrasive but I can't seem to find any to purchase now. EBay just brings up a load of cheap looking paper.

The lads have been using the da discs but it's not the same, the holes in the da disc just cases problems while sanding edges and curves.

Any recommendations for rolls of 115mm wide velcro backed stuff. We use grits 80 120 240 320 500.

Thank you
 
Hudson Carpentry":j9sqib2f said:
Hello,

Seems I'm going back on the tools so I'm trying to replenish all the sundries I'm used too.

While using a palm sander I used to buy rhynogrip hook and loop on the roll. Brilliant abrasive but I can't seem to find any to purchase now. EBay just brings up a load of cheap looking paper.

The lads have been using the da discs but it's not the same, the holes in the da disc just cases problems while sanding edges and curves.

Any recommendations for rolls of 115mm wide velcro backed stuff. We use grits 80 120 240 320 500.

Thank you

Try

http://www.turnersworkshop.co.uk/woodtu ... l#Abrasive

Cheers

Dave
 
Abranet every time. Preferably with extraction.

And you can buy it in on the roll.
 
I do like abranet but never used them on a palm sander. Any links to rolls? Struggling to find anything.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
 
Hudson Carpentry":22lzayvm said:
I do like abranet but never used them on a palm sander. Any links to rolls? Struggling to find anything.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk


I get mine from this lot via ebay mainly because they do mixed packs. You might find cheaper for the rolls and single grit packs.

http://www.southernfilters.com/product- ... rka-rolls/

Bob
 
Hudson Carpentry":3hajgzfh said:
I do like abranet but never used them on a palm sander. Any links to rolls? Struggling to find anything.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Plenty of different sizes of individual sheets as well as rolls at Axminster - Rob
 
Back
Top