• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Anyone interested in an old Black & Decker drill?

Alasdair

Sapling
Joined
Apr 28, 2020
Messages
412
Reaction score
348
Location
Howwood (a village in Scotland)
I've been having a tidy out and have this drill press I watch to get rid of. It's a Black & Decker drill in a stand with a Morse taper chuck. I know it is low geared slow running and has been in the workshop 50/60 years or more. I am not looking for anything for it but don't want to throw it out of someone could use it.

1000034044.jpg


1000034047.jpg
1000034051.jpg
 
Last edited:
Time was I would have been interested but my space for old drill stands is already full :(

That drill will be from the time when B&D were built to last, for professionals, not "value engineered" for the DIY market.
 
Just for fun, and to keep the Bristol connection going, here's a page from a Gardiner catalogue from 1959. Gardiners are a 200 year old tool and equipment seller, proud to have sold some drawing instruments to IK Brunel and still trading - https://www.gardinerhaskins.co.uk/bristol - though don't expect them to carry quality kit like this any more.

I'm not sure which one is yours, maybe the 239, but look at the price! £30 10s was a serious investment back then and the stand was an extra £6.

IMG_20251027_163547932.jpg
 
thats brilliant finding the catalogue entry, mine also has the No 2 Morse Taper optional extra. I havent plugged it in but theres no reason it shouldnt work but who knows....
 
That is oh so tempting, I bet that is a proper wrist snapper. I wonder if it was made in my town. we had a black and decker from the 60's
 
That is oh so tempting, I bet that is a proper wrist snapper. I wonder if it was made in my town. we had a black and decker from the 60's
i have only ever used it on the stand but even then if you weren't careful whatever bit of metal you were holding could catch and pull you around. it was like playing a game of wrist lottery in every use. :ROFLMAO:

It is yours if you want it, like i said I'd rather someone had it that could use/restore it than it being thrown away.
 
Go on Wallace. Given your treatment it would look spectacular.
 
Back
Top