My twin motor Camvac has started to cut out a few minutes after been switched on but only when both fans are on and only when plugged into the remote socket. I use it with both fans running all the time as it is outside the workshop and only accessible by ladder.
In case it was getting hot I checked the state of the drum and filters. Drum had about an eggcup full of fine dust. Cloth bag was dusty so I shook it out. The paper filters were clean and the cloth covers over each fan also clean.
After it has cut out I can restart it on one fan but as soon as the other one (either one) is switched on it cuts out. If I run it direct from the wall socket it does not cut out at all.
The remote socket is rated at 3680w and the Camvac has two 1000w fans. I have had both the Camvac and the remote socket for about 2 years and the problem only start 2 weeks ago.
The remote is this one,
Full details for the french speakers here
The remote socket is obviously the cause of the problem but what is going on and why? No point in my replacing it if I am going to have the same problem.
In case it was getting hot I checked the state of the drum and filters. Drum had about an eggcup full of fine dust. Cloth bag was dusty so I shook it out. The paper filters were clean and the cloth covers over each fan also clean.
After it has cut out I can restart it on one fan but as soon as the other one (either one) is switched on it cuts out. If I run it direct from the wall socket it does not cut out at all.
The remote socket is rated at 3680w and the Camvac has two 1000w fans. I have had both the Camvac and the remote socket for about 2 years and the problem only start 2 weeks ago.
The remote is this one,
Full details for the french speakers here
The remote socket is obviously the cause of the problem but what is going on and why? No point in my replacing it if I am going to have the same problem.
