I've been given an antique clock. It is about 6" in diameter and has a pendulum.
The idea is to build a case for it. I've not decided if it should be wall-mounted or free standing yet but that is not particularly relevant. The thing is that the clock body has nothing by way of attachment points. Building a case shouldn't be too difficult but housing the clock requires a bit of thought.
My current idea is a sort of cradle arrangement going from side to side of the case, possibly top and bottom as well. I could take battens of, say 1" by 1/2" cross section and scoop out recesses for the round clock body.
Has anybody any experience of this sort of thing or any other suggestions?
The idea is to build a case for it. I've not decided if it should be wall-mounted or free standing yet but that is not particularly relevant. The thing is that the clock body has nothing by way of attachment points. Building a case shouldn't be too difficult but housing the clock requires a bit of thought.
My current idea is a sort of cradle arrangement going from side to side of the case, possibly top and bottom as well. I could take battens of, say 1" by 1/2" cross section and scoop out recesses for the round clock body.
Has anybody any experience of this sort of thing or any other suggestions?