• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Glue made out of sweets.

Andy Kev.

Nordic Pine
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
722
Reaction score
59
Forgive me if anyone has already mentioned this but I thought it might be of interest:

https://blog.lostartpress.com

The article by Chris Schwarz of the Lost Art Press describes how you can make functioning wood glue from sweets. It's not something I'd bother with but it will probably be of interest to somebody.
 
Yes..... I spotted this a while back and I did check the date reading that one, but there are some months to go.

On the basis that those sweets are mainly a form of gelatin..... as are traditional animal glues,they thought that it should work as a wood-glue.

I think that the nearest we have here to the branded sweets they used are 'Jelly Babies'.
One of them intended to make a tool box using that stuff with DTs and it seemed to hold well in conjunction with a tight fitting joint.
How durable it will be over time is open to question.
An interesting experiment, but I'll stick to the new-fangled PVAs and the like!
 
Back
Top