• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Hi All

AJE78

Seedling
Joined
Jul 30, 2020
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Morning All, in advance of me asking a few questions from all the knowledgeable folk here I thought I'd drop by the introduction section.

I'd like to consider myself a hobby woodworker but with busy family life there doesn't leave much time for it. Mainly fixing floorboards and putting up shelves round here!!

Instead it's fantastic seeing all the incredible projects others have done and getting some ideas for when time permits and also learning so much from all the knowledgeable here.

I was previously an infrequent poster on UKW where folks I recognise here gave me some superb advice that I've benefitted enormously. Steve.M, it was UKW that put me onto your WE videos all those years back with your table saw videos. It was also where I got recommendations for Atkinson walker saw blades, superb saw blades that I'd never even heard of. Mike.G you gave me some super shed advice last year after messaged you not being too sure about things. So much information and so much help that really put me on the right footing to learn and importantly stay safe.

Anyways, seems like a good place for all things woody and hopefully I can contribute to the great forum that is the Wood Haven.

Andy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
 
Welcome aboard Andy. We need more Andys around here.

We like photos of projects old and new so please don't be shy. Once you post count is above 3 you will be able to share them with us.
 
Welcome Andy ( no, not YOU Andy, THAT Andy :lol: 0)

But I think if its taken you 11 months to make your first post, it might be a while before we get to see too many WIP's. :eusa-whistle: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

unless thats a forum software hiccup of course 8-) 8-)
 
Thanks Folks! It's a friendly place here!

Bob...you're right 11 months is somewhat glacial. I move slow...really slooow!

Very much pleased to be able to boost the number of Andy's on the forum!

Definitely hoping to share my works in progress. It's my birthday soon and I've promised myself that I'll ask for a Richard Maguire workbench plans and video to set me on my way. That could be a good start

Cheers All

Andy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
 
Welcome Andy,
There's safety in numbers around here!
 
Hi Mike - very much enjoyed reading your greenhouse/potting shed build. Superb.

Hi Adrian - like seeing your Japanese thoughts and posts. Really interesting stuff. Not quite workshop tools but I have a Japanese mandolin for slicing veg. Yikes it's sharp! Steri strips at the ready!

Cheers Trevanion a comfortable stay ahead is assured!

Thanks for the welcome Dave

ATB

Andy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top