• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Royal mail

wallace

Old Oak
Joined
Aug 17, 2014
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
548
My wife has decided to thin her herd of handbags and she has decided that she will use vinted. So with that in mind I was given the task of taking pictures of her bags, uploading, writing the listings, packing the sold bags, taking the bags to the post office.
I noticed that you dont dictate the shipping price on vinted, they decide and then go to the postoffice with a scannable code. I was surprised that the buyer was only charged £2. If I had gone to the postoffice normally the package would cost about £6. I asked the counter staff what happens if the postage charge was not sufficient, do I pay the excess. The staff are told to ignore any shortfalls from vinted parcels. Strange business model.
 
I expect someone at Vinted has done some research and found that potential customers think £10 + £2 post is a bargain but £6 +£6 would be throwing money away. And then they have negotiated a favourable rate with the private company in question, which could be as low as £2 or could be higher but worth their money in subsidising, to expand the business.
 
Back
Top