Pete Maddex
Old Oak
Hi chaps
Its about time I made another box, I have loads of nice bits of wood to make box lids from incluging a nice bit of pippy Elm.
its going to be simmilar to this one I made some time ago.
Oak knot box by Pete Maddex, on Flickr
So I started on the lid, cuting it to size and plaining it smooth using my Record 5 1/2 and infill scraper plane.
Pippy Elm by Pete Maddex, on Flickr
Next it was over to the router table to cut some 5mm slots in the lid using a 5mm slot drill, I chose some rosewood for the splines and made some rosewood dowles by bashing some rosewood through a plate.
Rosewood breadboard end by Pete Maddex, on Flickr
thats as far as I got today, more on this story later...
Pete
Its about time I made another box, I have loads of nice bits of wood to make box lids from incluging a nice bit of pippy Elm.
its going to be simmilar to this one I made some time ago.
Oak knot box by Pete Maddex, on FlickrSo I started on the lid, cuting it to size and plaining it smooth using my Record 5 1/2 and infill scraper plane.
Pippy Elm by Pete Maddex, on FlickrNext it was over to the router table to cut some 5mm slots in the lid using a 5mm slot drill, I chose some rosewood for the splines and made some rosewood dowles by bashing some rosewood through a plate.
Rosewood breadboard end by Pete Maddex, on Flickrthats as far as I got today, more on this story later...
Pete








