TheTiddles
New Shoots
Deleted
Welcome to the club :lol: …whacha going to do for the fix?…or is it beyond it? I have a bandsaw that needs feeding if you can't find a recipient to give it toTheTiddles":2wnnq8ju said:
Agreed Andy, it's a shame…but then Aidan knows it's there and if he's anything like me, it would always rankle :evil: It's either got to be 'right' or it's 'not right'…at the moment this box, good though it is, is 'not right' - RobAndyp":1hccwh04 said:That is a shame. I wonder how many people would notice it though.
TheTiddles":2hc7x3fb said:
Dalboy":d1l9j2si said:TheTiddles":d1l9j2si said:
I could be wrong
Looking at this picture it looks like the corner block on the lid line does not match for grain pattern have you accidentally turned the lid 180deg.
It's a shame about the problem as it is a great looking box
That's the 'fix' that I would do and if it's done sympathetically, it'll be invisible - RobRod":1l49cvo3 said:If you are really bothered plane off the 1mm on the side and inset a 1mm wide piece of matching veneer where it's too short?
Rod
There's only one solution :mrgreen: Bring it round here at the weekend and you can feed it through the bandsaw yourself and I'll take some piccis!TheTiddles":30sym2wl said:That corner is the worst of them, they're all out, no adjustment can be made without filling in the hinges and re-cutting them, which can't be done invisibly. I've also flushed the sides off to the skewed position so it's beyond help now. I'm moving it out of sight and starting a different project!
Aidan